Saturday, January 28, 2006

Death Scare !!!


This is what no parents in this world would like to hear:
"Your Son Passed Away !!! ".

It all happened like this, I had gone to mysore & ooty with friends ... a real unexpected one. My Parents were initially apprehensive of the plan, but i managed to convince them... I will write more about the trip later. This particular incident happened on second day of the trip.

On second day around 8:00 pm my mom has attempted to call me on my mobile, my hutch connection has very poor coverage so i had given my friends ( sujit's) number (airtel... which boasts of good coverage). After failing to reach me on my number she has tried my friends number...... (the conversation is something like this)

My Mom : Hello
Mobile Number: Hello

My Mom : Chetange swalpa phone kodappa
In english it means: Please put chetan on line.
Mobile Number: Chetan hogbitta.
In english it means: Chetan Passed Away.

My Mom : What ! Chetan hogbittna ?!!!?
My dad sitting in living room was shocked !Both my mom and dad are in total shock.
Mobile Number: Howdu... he passed away 3 months back.

My mon tries to speak to guy on phone, inquires whether it's the same chetan or not, because the mobile guy said chetan passed away 3 months back... a glimmer of hope.

My Mom : Starts enquiring......

Finally my parents convince themselves that some other chetan has passed away and not me, but still they cannot believe what they have heard, they call my friend's(who had come with me) house and enquire about any latest information.

After 10 excruciating minutes..... Phone Rings..........TRNG TRNG..
Yahooo... It was Indeed me.

We had stopped our journey at a hotel to have some rest, after all we had passed through the steepest ghat section (kalatti road). If sudhindra had not driven the car properly(which he did very well) the above would have been true to some extent.... we all owe our lives to sudhindra and sujit( i'll write about it later). Sudhindra called his home during the break and his mother asked him to inform me that my father had called them to inquire about me. That made me call to my home.

Yeah, it was a great relief for my parents after a brief converstation with me. They were happy that phone call episode was indeed a faux.

No comments: