Monday, March 20, 2006

Best Compliment Ever !!!

I have received everything(almost all the crap in this world) about my hairs... ( I mean hairs on my head). From Parents to Relatives to Friends to anonymous guys, they have all said in unison that my hairstyle is crap !!! wait just let me recollect all the numerous, ingenious names ....
1.) Jogi (famous all over Independent Karnataka)
2.) Anniyan (name given by all my tamil friends)
3.) Ambi (---------------do--------------------)
4.) Remo (---------------do--------------------)
5.) Mogli (courtesy: colleague)
6.) Jungli (courtesy: colleague)
7.) Sanju baba (courtesy: colleague)
8.) Tarzan (courtesy: colleague)
9.) Lakapna-halli pujari (my mom)
10.) Don (courtesy: colleague)
11.) John Abraham !!! (courtesy: Colleague )
12.) Rockstar (friend)
13.) Futball player (friend)
14.) Dhoni (Average Indian Cricket Fan)
15.) Model (many Friends)

+++ Inumerable times people have sung hodimaga hodimaga, Jogi song's when i am in public.
Even in srikrishna's abode(udupi) i was not spared, somewas singing hodimaga/jogi chants when i was there.

If you think this is some of the best compliments / taunts people have thrown my way .... you are absolutely wrong ! Yesterday i had been to my cousins "seemantha" (i dont know how its pronounced ... basically its a girlie type function). A cute litte beautifull girl comes saw me coming and shouted to her uncle. "Mama, yaar adu ... English-Navra ???"
I was shell shocked, wait i minute from which angle do i look like that ... how different are humans perceptions and cognizances. But I was impressed for a minute ... wait this is the best compliment which I have come across.

English-Navru !!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

She should have told "Adivasi" or "KadManushya" instead of English-Navru!

PS: Adivasi means tribal :-p