Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Some Memorable moments @ Dodaldamara(Big Banyan Tree)

For starters I had taken few of my friends to see the sites, which my cousin was entrusted to sell. I had a bad day at feild, spilling and spoiling the mood. Anyhow I managed get out of my guilt and headed for office. Kiran was miscalled and was summoned to my darbar. I took kiran to my home along with satish(one of my accomplice for the heist which follows). We met some of satish's freinds at Magadi Road & Ring Road Junction (Gowdas INN to be exact !!!)......
Current mood : Pissed off !!!.... I lost a fully loaded blog ... due to ..........
ok now let us see sites ...........














Some more photos of future layout ..... I prefered ground shots to be safe......

















All of them saw the future layouts and started calculating the financial aspects of the layout and its feasibility.

Now lets get back to the main thing, some one saw savandurga betta (its visible from the layout) and pop came the idea of biking to savandurga !!! Ok, I said let me see ... well we can decide while we are leaving was my answer to the plan. The time, we had to decide, we asked locals as how much kms away is savandurga .... another 50kms came my response in unison with locals. 50k was too much in that heat/dust/kachada road. Some one said that dodda alada mara is just 10kms away from where we were, so we decided that we are going to dodda alada mara... means a big banyan tree(sorry for not explaining earlier).

Yeah, the road as expected was terrible, it was a hot, sunny day. Luckily we hit a patch of road which had been tarred a few days back. It was fun riding on that road, except for a frightening moment ... i thought i would hit a cow which was dancing on the road ... freakin I was for a moment !

We did reach the dodalada mara without much hue or cry. I had not taken anything since marning, so we jumped into a dabba hotel... but food was ok(bit costly though... he charged 10 bucks for a plate of ricesambar ... which one would get easily for 5 bucks in any village).

Current mood: Blogger sucks man...its not allowing me to upload any images !

After the lunch, we headed straigt into the dodda alada mara, it wasnt crowded strangely on a sunday ! May be its not the place it used to be, it was a great picnic spot maybe 5-10 years back, when i had visited with my cousins. The place is now kept really clean, very well maintained. I saw a batch of primates on a bench, took lot of videos and snaps of them....felt that i could become a wildlife videographer, some were really close(up). And there was a beautifull aunty whom we couldnt resist taking a snap of her. Mission Accomplished ! btw the mission was to see dodaladamara and not taking snap of aunty ;).

We left the place and reached Raghavendra's place.... I cannot forget the taste of chakli...its taste was exactly matching with chakli of my moms .... quite possible that both may be having same recipe !!! Thanks to your mother raghu for chakli and sweet kajaya.

Well, there ended my trip, i had to drop balli(satisha) to his college(UVCE...hez doin his partime BE).

That's it for now ... signing of from my desk ... yours truly Chetan !

PS : I would upload photos into this post as and when blogger allows me to so ;)

No comments: